Peder D4

Discussion of politics and other odious things

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gay Marriage Discussion

One of the reasons I wanted to start this blog was to dig into the gay marriage debate. Like many other contentious debates, I fear that both sides of this argument are mostly talking past each other. You really don't understand your own side of a debate unless you have some understanding of the other side. So this is an attempt at a big spoonful of understanding. I'm going to reach out left and right for some reaction in order to sharpen things up. If you feel that something here is mischaracterized, underemphasized or overwrought, please say so.
In this particular debate, I've labeled arguments Left, Right or Procedural, with a number. That's just to tag a specific argument for descriptive purposes. (For what it's worth, I consider myself to be on the right. And I support gay marriage.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home