Peder D4

Discussion of politics and other odious things

Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Palin

Most of the media coverage so far has been nothing deeper than the astonishing fact that Palin is a woman. Their simple idea is that she has no value beyond a pair of ovaries and a nice smile. I was thrilled over her pick and it had nothing to do with her feminine qualities. I'm not the only one that feels that way.
Of course, already the blogosphere is abuzz with speculation that Palin was chosen because she is a woman and maybe this is true. But it is not the reason I will be pulling for her and McCain come November. For me, Sarah Palin represents many right-leaning libertarian ideas that I personally support: low taxes, gun rights, and smaller government.
Me too. If she was a man named Michael I'd still be jazzed about this.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Colby said...

I'm often disapointed when pundits focus on the most obvious thing and don't talk about much else. I think it's because sharing their opinions is cheaper than taking the time to actually report the news.

It was pretty obvious that she is a woman, but most people didn't know anything about her. I'm sure they would rather learn about her than listen to a bunch of people discussing what it means that she is a woman.

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home